My Little Buckaroo
Ah, the puppy stage, Training starts immediately! Here’s just a sample of the areas we focus on. Tip: the right puppy introduction is foundational and will help build a better pointing dog.
Congratulations! the years ahead will be full of exciting experiences that you, your family and friends will cherish forever.
- Get the house & kennel ready – buy a lot of paper towels, purchase a quality ‘house’ kennel and necessary training equipment.
- Never use the kennel to discipline your puppy. The kennel is the dogs happy and safe place.
- Nutrition and supplements are critical – Quality counts.
- Properly introduce the puppy into the pack.
- Socialize and have fun, practice proper kennel use, house obedience/rules, trust building and no parole tricks.
- Simple field command introduction, retrieve/recall exercises, noise conditioning and hydration recognition.
- Pressure ‘points’ familiarization, proper praise and correction practices, get into a training routine.
- Patience – typically a puppy has a 3 second or less attention span.
There’s a lot to think about and do, we are here to help!
To cute for school? YES! but class begins NOW!
Thanks, JimB for inspiring me to post this. You mentioned a trainer once told you ‘Not to do anything with your PUPPY’ until you start formal training, NOT!!
@ AZPointingDog, LLC